The Disability Funders Network (DFN) is a grantmakers’ affinity group whose mission is to promote awareness, support and inclusion of people with disabilities and disability issues in grantmaking programs and organizations. In carrying out its mission, DFN:
- Works to increase the extent and effectiveness of grantmaking that benefits people with disabilities by
- increasing grantmakers’ understanding that issues affecting people with disabilities extend beyond medical issues;
- increasing the availability of quality information on disability as it relates to grantmaking; and
- enhancing the ability of grantseeking organizations to communicate their current and proposed efforts to benefit people with disabilities to grantmaking organizations.
- Educates grantmakers on the important role people with disabilities can play in effective philanthropy by
- increasing awareness and interest in how to include people with disabilities in grantmaking organizations; and
- providing funders with information on people with disabilities who can assist or become part of grantmaking organizations.
DFN’s mission, goals, objectives, activities and processes are informed by the following values:
- The importance of inclusion
- Awareness of the full range of the potential of all individuals
- Appreciation of and respect for differences
- Equality of voice and viewpoints